Monday, 9 March 2015

Deadline day

This was the day that required a lot of rushing to finish off the title sequence on time. We came in well prepared and with a clear mind of what we wanted to accomplish by the end of the day; this was to finish creating the soundtrack to our title sequence and check whether all of our tile credits were placed in the right position to have its maximum effect on the audience. From this day I realised how important time management actually is, especially when other factors could affect the editing stages such as team members not being present or making drastic changes to the title sequence.
When using garage band there are a lot of sounds to choose from so you need to have a clear idea of what you're searching for in order to save time- we didn't exactly have this because we changed certain parts to our story board. Therefore, we did waste a lot of time on deciding which sounds to include and where, but in the end we produced a nice soundtrack that went well with the video. All that we needed to do was import it into final cut pro. There was a slight problem however, we didn't have enough time to actually match up key scenes int he tile sequence to our sound track, this was very disappointing to me and Jessica but we had to continue and finish it off either way. We then exported the final video and we were done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment